Grab Handle

The grab handle on the A Pillar on my 03 2500 pulled off yesterday. Only the top though. Today, I intended to take the handle off and effect repairs. After turning the bolt CC for EVER, I could see the bolt was never gonna come out. I looked behind the plastic at the top bolt hole and saw the bolt was still in the pillar, but torn loose from the plastic. I tore the other one loose and now I have a twice busted plastic A Pillar cover laying in the back seat.

I then tried to remove the bolts from the pillar. No success. The insert the bolt screws into, spins just as much as the bolt. There is very little clearance between the bolt head and the insert. The portion of the insert that is on the surface of the pillar, is very thin. I tried to hold it with needle nose pliers while attempting to loosen the bolt. No success. I tried prying under it to jam it in place while I try to loosen the bolt. No success.

Anybody have any suggestions besides don't tighten it too much to begin with (ya, here's my sign)?

Reply to
FMB

There was a thread on this problem last year.. complaining about how it's attached and how to replace... I tried to google it but couldn't find it... maybe you'll have better luck

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis