disco Tdi door handle

Pull and pull, i broke the front left handle of a Disco I Tdi.

The piece is a black rectangle of zinc-aluminium alloy with a a stamped code "32 27 LH". Being identified by unique code, i wonder if this piece could be available somewhere as a single spare.

Local dealer will order the whole handle, at premium price (deposit required). On the net the whole handle is on sale by US dealer "british parts" at 150 USD. Other part sellers don't even mention handles under their body & chassis sections. Checked on ebay, found second hand whole handles again (this would mean having a separate key for door only).

Checked the local demolition lot, found a wrecked disco I tdi200, got the handle for 10 Eur. Surprise! the very pull unit was a hand made rebuilt item, in soldered rusty steel.

Fitted this one for now, but still checking for the original item.

Is the disco (& RR classic) door handle "knob" (code 3227LH) sold as a single spare somewhere?

thanks

Reply to
A. Vincenzoni

Can you not buy a second hand handle off eBay and swap the lock mechanism? They must be replaceable as you can buy locks on their own.

Reply to
SteveG

Yes you can change the lock and it would probably be easier than changing the actual handle part, which I am sure I have done in the past and I don't think there was any difficulty there either.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Seems a mite expensive I think your part number may be a bit suspect seems too short try number MXC2723LNF (after 93 grey) suffix LUN (pre 93 grey) its pretty similar to the one fitted to the Morris Marina and Austin Allegro though some are available with much better chromed metal handles I think off Vanden plas Allegros ( not admitting to anything ) I did look at the TR7/8 handles which are similar but I think the back plate may be different on the later ones

Derek

Derek on the other hand you may mean the external handle ( missed the clue black rectangle alloy doh!) RTC6686
for a pair + shippingthey are pretty easy to swap but get some plastic door trim clips as they tend to break easily.Derek

Reply to
Derek