HELP 2001 1500 Quad Cab- Dampness in cab

HELP my 01 Quad cab 1500 has dampness on passenger side floor. anyone else seen this? found cause? looking for suggestions on where to look. rear window is solid. tia cliff hubbard

Reply to
Hubmachineatgmail.com

I bet it isn't Cliff. Yes, I have seen this problem before on my 96. Look very carefully at your Cargo light. I had a very small crack in the lens and it leaked when parked and the wind was only in one direction. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Steve, is your 96 a reg or club cab?

Reason I ask is I have same issue (wet floor) but have a Club cab and don't see how water could get from the Cargo/brake light fixture to the front pass. floor.

Geo.

Reply to
High Sierra

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Had the same thing happen in a Nissan truck I had in high school. It was a defective/leaking heater core.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Have same issue on 96 Club cab. Still looking for cause. Some possibilities:

Heater core -should smell antifreeze AC Evaporator tray leaking/drain plugged Leaking windshield, rear window, around back-up/cargo light

Reply to
High Sierra