HELP 2001 1500 Quad Cab- Dampness in cab

HELP my 01 Quad cab 1500 has dampness on passenger side floor. anyone else seen this? found cause? looking for suggestions on where to look. rear window is solid.
tia cliff hubbard
I bet it isn't Cliff. Yes, I have seen this problem before on my 96. Look very carefully at your Cargo light. I had a very small crack in the lens and it leaked when parked and the wind was only in one direction. Steve

Steve Lusardi wrote:

Steve, is your 96 a reg or club cab?
Reason I ask is I have same issue (wet floor) but have a Club cab and don't see how water could get from the Cargo/brake light fixture to the front pass. floor.
Geo.
Cliff, I have a club cab. It drove me crazy too, but I removed the rear seat, front seats and the entire flooring. I then removed the side panels in back. I sat in the truck during a rain storm and discovered water leaking from under the rear window. I removed the rear window and reinstalled it with sealant as well, but the leak was still there. When I looked closely, I discovered that the rear window is mounted inside a double panel that extends right up to the roof. The outer and inner sheet metal cab panels are spot welded together as one assembly. However, the cargo light is mounted between the two panels and when the light leaked, water entered the area between the two panels and flowed around the window and leaked below the window, initially appearing as a window leak. In fact, the side of the window that the water stream appeared on was a product of the level of the truck, so the dampness would appear on both sides depending on how you parked the truck. The water would then make its way forward on either side as the center of the floor panel is raised in the center directing the water to the forward seating area. Steve

else
Had the same thing happen in a Nissan truck I had in high school. It was a defective/leaking heater core.
Craig C.
snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com wrote:

Have same issue on 96 Club cab. Still looking for cause. Some possibilities:
Heater core -should smell antifreeze AC Evaporator tray leaking/drain plugged Leaking windshield, rear window, around back-up/cargo light