Tow mirrors for 2006 1500 quad cab

Just bought my 1st dodge truck after 15+ years of GMC. On the GMC I had some nice slip on mirrors for towing made by Cipa but they are not made for the dodge. Cipa does have some other models such as the 11960 that are supposed to work on a dodge but before I jump off center I thought I'd look around for the voice of experience. You know experience is what you get when what you get is not what you wanted. So before I learn the hard way...

So what are most folks using?

Reply to
Dan Ward

I'm kinda partial to the tow mirrors that came on my truck... powered, heated, fold out when needed for towing, fold in when not... kinda like they were designed for the truck :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Congrats. You finally saw the fault in buying a Chevrolet with a GMC tag glued to it for an extra $4g's

But yeah what Tom said..the factory ones seem to be the best. I wonder if one can go buy them and put them on.

Reply to
GeekBoy

One can... about $220-$240 on Ebay (compare to $90-$100 as a factory option)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yep I checked for the factory ones when I was purchasing the truck. It would have had to be a special order truck as the dealers don't order any of their normal stock 1500 with tow mirrors. Something about demand. So I checked into having the dealer install them and they wanted a little over $500 installed. I wanted cloth bucket seats with console and that alone made it very difficult to find and darn near impossible in Houston. Everything in stock had the 40/20/40 split bench seat. I ended up finding a truck about

100 miles from home in Hempsted.

I only tow some 4 or 5 times a year whenever I can sneak in some vacation.

Cipa makes some nice ones for a 2005 but they tell me they won't work on a

2006.
Reply to
Dan Ward