hemi headers

I recently installed shorty headers on my 2003 ram. I put an o2 sim on the post-cat sensor and my check engin light is on. The code reads p0038 and that is the pre-cat sensor I was told. How can I remedy this
situation???????

Nope - P0038 points to the heater circuit on bank 1, sensor 2, which is a post-cat sensor. If you have a CA emissions package, and have four sensors, it's the one on the driver's side (if you have a Federal emissions package, then you only have two sensors, and it's the one post-cat). Your O2 simulator is probably working correctly on the sensor circuit, but isn't providing the proper amount of voltage and/or resistance on the heater circuit.
Question - why'd you need to mess with the post-cat O2 sensor just for a set of headers? Or did you yank the cat out, as well?
yes, sir
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

============please...save the title for Tom.......
i work for a living.

that'll do it.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

==============Move the sim to another O2 sensor and see if the code changes location as the sim changes location.
If so.....contact the manufacturer.
Or...... check the ground and feed circuit on the harness you're plugged into now.
either or.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~