High oil pressure?

Happy St. Patty's day...
As I was reading this newsgroup, my wife called and said that she was bringing the Dakota home... got a check engine light a few blocks from home and needed to
trade trucks and get to work..
I won't be able to have the codes checked until Saturday but will be checking it out a bit later today...
She said that she got a check engine light and the only gauge that wasn't normal was the oil pressure.. she said that it was up close to the "H" (I'm assuming at 25 mph or so, not at idle) and that it was usually "in the middle or slightly higher..
Any quick ideas on if/why high oil pressure would cause a CE light?
01 Dakota 2wd, 4.7L auto...
I'll check vital fluids, etc. when it warms up a little outside... I'm also hoping that it was a freak light and I won't be able to make it go on again.. *g*
BTW: She knew from past experience to check the fuel cap, but the tank was filled last week and she just got the light this morning..
Any suggestions appreciated, I'd like the Ram back ASAP.. Mac

Why? You can't cycle the ignition key 'til Saturday? :)
An '01 Dak will display the codes on the odometer - click the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON.
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:30:08 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

That's next, Tom... *g* Thanks for the quick reply...
I was logging on for a quick update... ran out to it in this damned rain and checked it out.. it's NOT a check engine light, it's a "Malfunction Indicator Light" (MIL)
The manual (yeah, I RTFM) says it monitors the emission and engine control system...
Possibly the catalytic converter??
thanks again, Tom... you're quick!
Mac

Tah-MAY-toe, Tah-MAH-toe... same difference :)
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:21:27 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

ok, ok... but then, there is also the "check gages" light... (spelling from manual)
Mac

Yep... and there's that blue headlamp-looking light, and the two green arrow-shaped lights, and the orange gas-pump-lookin' light, and... :)
The check gauges light comes on, along with a chime, when a gauge needs looking at (high water temp, high/low oil pressure, high/low volts). But that's got nothing to do with the Check Engine/MIL/SFU light.
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:02:25 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

I'm sort of partial to the one that tells me that OD is locked out... but the Cruise one is pretty, also.. *g*
thanks again, Tom.. Mac

the
i like my high beam indicator that flickers when im driving with the headlights off or on low beam *grin*
--
-Chris
05 CTD