liberty CRD vs durango as family vehicle for my wife?

Page 2 of 2
your family and humanity in general would be better off if you went away !
Henry

Henry wrote:

good one.. did it take you awhile to come up with that or does it come natural?
"craig" wrote:

The diesel Liberty would be sweet and use about 1/2 the fuel on the average that a dakota will doing the same chores over the life of the vehical which can up up to thousands of dollars quickly. As Pontoon boats are not that heavy unless they are very large and if they are that big even a 5.7 Durango would struggle with the wind drag of one that big while getting 7 or 8 mpg while doing it. The diesel Liberty would tow better because it has the torque at lower RPMs where yo need it to move the load. THe 5.7 look impressive on paper but with a power peak of 5400 RPM and a torque peak at 4200 RPM it is greatly over rated for towing.
SnoMan wrote:

I tow with mine and love it. The torque and HP curves on the hemi are flatter than you might realize. It develops quite a bit of torque at lower RPM's. Just got back from towing my 5,000lb trailer on a 800 miles round trip. It tows it with ease even up 6%+ grades. Not so great on gas when towing though.
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:41:19 GMT, "Christopher Thompson"

I have owned a 1964 dodge pu, a 1978 van, 1965 dodge dart, 1966 Chevy pu, 1974 Grand Prix, 1996 Grand Am and now a 2003 Dodge Durango...
All of the above had their drawbacks, but the Durango has somehow combined all the good and minimized the bad.
The major plus? Having 3 outlets for electrical units..I can have decently fresh coffee on caming trips, good radio contact and watch a bit of entertainment (Although nature does better most of the time) while relaxing at the campsite.
I have made more "Friends" also with this vehicle and thus, now have people willing to join me on camping trips...Good thing I'm not a serial killer :)