Tahoe Rear Visibility vs Wife

Just bought a 2009 Tahoe--- love the vehicle, but WIFE WANTS TO TAKE IT BACK, becaus of rear visibility. Anyone else having this problem?

It has nice big mirrors, but she is not used to using them to back-up. Do you think a back-up camera will make her happy?

Return Tahoe or Wife?

Reply to
Doug W

Return wife.

If she can't back up using her mirrors, she should not be driving any vehicle.

Reply to
Commentator

BTW, if she is anything like my wife, she will get all insulted when you buy her a backup camera and make you return it - in spite of the fact that she freely admits she can't back up worth sh*t and has no idea where the back of her car is.

Reply to
Commentator

There is another option--- I let her drive my International Scout (turbo diesel), and I drive the Tahoe!-- but it's a collector's item, afraid she'll crash it.

Reply to
Yamabu

There is another option--- I let her drive my International Scout (turbo diesel), and I drive the Tahoe!-- but it's a collector's item, afraid she'll crash it.

Bummer on the wife. Im guessing she wasnt involved with the purchase then. As in driving it before buying it to find out she cant back up in it.

Reply to
None4U

de quoted text -

Oh, she drove it--- this one before I bought it, and another one to decide that we wanted a Tahoe--- what would that have to do with the way she feels now?

Reply to
Yamabu

First we need to see pics of wife before we can decide which one to return ;)

Tell her to put the cell phone down and pay attention to her driving.

Reply to
Bob M

Oh, she drove it--- this one before I bought it, and another one to decide that we wanted a Tahoe--- what would that have to do with the way she feels now?

Well, Id remove her from the decision to take it back if she either knew she couldnt back it up, and wanted it anyways. Or she didnt know she couldnt back it up. And didnt drive it long enough to figure it out.

Other then that. If shes teachable. Id teach her to back up. And celebrate with a dinner outing.

Reply to
None4U

.

Anyway --- back to the serious question--- anyone have problems with visibility on latest body style?

Reply to
Yamabu

So? Unless she crashes it into a bridge piling, whatever she crashes into is going to get the worst of the deal. Seriously, have you looked at the frame on that thing? It's basically what happens when you take a bunch of designers who are used to designing farm tractors and (really) heavy trucks and tell them to "fix" a Ford Bronco. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'd be more worried about her not washing it often enough and the floor/quarters disappearing due to rust, which is the usual reason for a Scout to die.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Can you take her to an empty parking lot and have her practice backing between the lines using the mirrors? I had to do similar things with my wife years ago. It may take patience but it could work in the long run. good luck!

Reply to
joe.goodart

she's not driving the scout, yet, she's in the tahoe... don't really want her to mess up the Scout, that's an antique.. yep, it's heavy.. and mine is a diesel.. weight of a small tank

Reply to
Yamabu