Need advice about shocks

Hope there's still someone out there.
The Dak's shocks are shot again - time for new ones. Looking for decent but not super-expensive shocks for road use but that will be OK for
occasional off road. More importantly, the rear shocks need to be able to deal with occasional towing of a bumper-pull stock trailer.
I've looked at, but don't really think I need, adjustable air shocks.
(2001 Dakota SLT, Club Cab, 4x4)
Suggestions?
jmc

I don't see any cookies.
beekeep
Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (3/9/2012 6:44 AM):

Yea, well, if I posted cookies, the chocolate would melt all over usenet and make a mess.
Plus, I'm told lots of people don't like internet cookies and just throw them away.
jmc
On 3/9/2012 6:11 PM, jmc wrote:

Well, you could use a USPS flat rate box, and that would work well...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

What did you do?
Ken
Suddenly, without warning, NapalmHeart exclaimed (6/9/2012 9:51 AM):

Bought a set of Bilstein monoshocks. They were installed today - the difference in the ride - especially cornering - is significant. I haven't towed in them yet, but will in two weeks time.
jmc
On 6/11/2012 10:57 PM, jmc wrote:

I was going to way "cornering, WTF?" but it is a Dakota so I won't! Good to hear, but my real question is do you think they were worth the price? (I don't worry about cornering in my 2500...)
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Bilsteins are excellent. I have a set n my GMC K1500.
Ken
On 06/14/2012 07:21 PM, NapalmHeart wrote:

I had a '79 VW Bus around my Bilsteins.