gear ratio after tire swap

my '01 cummins powered 2500 is currently running 32" tires on the original 3.54 gear ratio. even with the mods i find the performance to be a bit lackluster due to the gear ratio.

im preparing to upgrade to 35" tires, and am trying to decide between

3.73 and 4.10 gears. i already have set of 4.10 gears that i bought for another truck that i dont own anymore (the truck in my last thread about the 3500 giving me fits, i unloaded it this past weekend). i could use these gears in my 2500, or i could swap them out for 3.73.

what say you?

thanks,

Nathan In Montana

Reply to
MTpolyfam

Personally, I don't think there's enough difference between 3.54 and

3.73... I'd go with the 4.10 if you want a noticeable difference. Only question is what will it to to mileage and top end speed?
Reply to
PeterD

Particularly when larger diameter tires are also going on. He'll be right back to where he's at now.

There's a tire size/speedo error calculator at

gives some idea what a couple inches difference diameter will do.

Reply to
Quadroclops

many thanks for the feedback; im going with the 4.10s i already have. i bought the rings, pinions, and master bearing sets from randys ring and pinion for roughly $1200 delivered. i bought it for an '01 3500 dually. unless theres some reason why it they wont work in an '01

2500, im going to install them.

is the truck inquestion.

Reply to
MTpolyfam