New Ford Heavy Duty w/twin turbos?

Page 4 of 5
Talking 05-07 vintage, the high reving ferd and cheby V8 deisels will beat the stock dodge cummins by a car legnth or less all other things being equal, a good driver can make a difference. With $2000 you can't do much
to a Ferd or cheby, but you can make that cummins go like a bat out of $%#@ and will wip the ferd and cheby easily for years and years to come. With unlimited money, talking perhaps $100,000, you can make the cheby a monster for at least a couple weeks before you need to start all over aggain.....
Tried it twice more and the results were the same, but we left together. He went out and bought a BHAF and a 5" exhaust. Didn't seem to matter much, the results were about the same. Now he's pissed, buys a smarty. Boy do those things work! If they had one for the Cummins I'd have bought one and really pissed him off. Both trucks were auto, 4X4 with 4:11 or whatever rear gears. Mine was a 04 QC.

For under $700.00 you can program in 60 plus HP
Look here: www.madselectronics.com

When did Marco ever make a Smarty for the Fords?

I'm looking... where's the Ford products?

Hell, I can't find it either. IIrc we wrote about it a couple of months ago in a thread. At that time there wasn't one for my available for my truck. Back then I was getting info from Wagner& Assoc.
I've a call in to the friend that has it on his Ford.

I'm wondering if somebody is hacking them. His had 3 levels, economy, towing and all the smoke. You downloaded the program into the ob but could remove it at will with no trace. When I hear from him I'll let you know what was done to it.

Hmm.... Bullydog maybe?

www.sctflash.com
While you guys are dissin' Fords. About four years ago there was a guy here in Tucson doing propane conversions on cars and trucks. Part of this disaster.(http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId 6&langu ageId=1&contentId196)
He had a dually quad cab 4X4 Ford with a six speed manual transmission. Had some mods and a propane injector. I watched him run 14.20 @ 98 MPH here in Tucson. 3000 foot elevation, and hot. What you can't imagine is how long each shift took. He was shifting it so slow. If that thing was an automatic....
Was going to point you to his web page, but it's screwed up. He had some pictures of the truck there. Last time I talked to him he was screwing with a Dodge CTD. Was getting over 1,000 pounds of torque out of it with propane injection and very few mods.
My truck is a six speed 04.5 CTD and it's slow. I'm not willing to bang gears in it, and at each shift it falls off the turbo. By time the boost comes up it's time to shift. Since I did not buy it to drag race, it's fine by me:) Easily pulls my 24' race car trailer and that's what matters.
Al

If it was a auto he'd probably be low 13's. 14.2 isn't bad at all. His MPH is good as well.

Ah, Al, what's in the trailer?????
Roy

Whatever, furniture, cars, you name it. I have three drag race cars. All OT here. The fastest runs high 8's @ 155 MPH and has doors:)
Al

There was a German guy who raced an Audi Quattro shortly after it came out and won. It was either a 4 or 6 cylinder with turbo charger. He had to develope a new style of driving to compete with the 8 cylinder cars he was racing against. What he did when he needed to brake in a sharp turn, was to simulataniously brake and keep the same foot on the accelerator all while at the same time shifting and other foot on the clutch. This helped the turbo from losing power so he would not fall behind the other vehicles.
Or you could power shift. That is quickly shift gears and never let off the diesel pedal.

That's a very common practice in racin'.

It is now. Back then it was not. The Audi Quattro hit the market maybe 15 years ago.

"Back then"??? I'm from "back then"<G> How do you think a circle car set's up for a turn? Been that way forever.

Somebody else has seen the light!!!! <VBFG>
Denny

Did you get the damn vid?????
Roy

Was driving down the road one night in my OT 5.0, 5 speed car. Some guy comes up on the right side of me in a Turbo Supra. He revs the engine a few times to get my attention, then stands on the gas and holds the car even with mine with his brakes. Tried my best to tease him into burning something up, but it didn't work:) Them damned things run. Saw a different guy with a slower Supra dust off a Hennsey Viper from a slow roll. The Viper got away first thanks to turbo lag, then it was all Toyota. They stopped and BS'ed a while. Talk about a pissed off Dodge owner. That Supra ran 10.60's in street trim, and it's not a fast one.
Here is a link to a video of the one I was screwing with. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic '08 Belongs to Ryan Woon here in Tucson. BTW, this car is in the low 9's now. It was running mid 10's when he was trying to blow my doors off:) I raced him years ago at the track with my 68 Nova and beat him heads up. Told him after the race if he would have beat me, I would have burnt my car to the ground:) I was about .3 of a second quicker than him but he ran almost 15 MPH faster. He was coming:)
Al

A lot of people laugh at some of these kids with "ricer's" but they aren't catching them. Talk about the ultimate sleeper. A 10 second street car5.

15MPH faster? He was coming like a jet. Sounds like ya got him on the go.
That link doesn't6 work. At least for me it don't.
Al, there is no OT here. Everything seems to go. Maybe a OT in the subject but nobody get's their undies in a not over it.

Just tried the link, works here??
Al
Big Al wrote:

It worked for me. Is that dragstrip down-hill? Direct youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
h3Wi90r9U
--
Ken