OT Ford/Navistar

Ok since we need something new to talk about.
In this months 4 Wheel Drive (or 4 wheeler I don't recall) it has been reported that Navistar is no longer sending Ford engines claiming Ford
is not living up to their end of the contract.
So, where does this leave Ford, having limited supplies and no replacement manufactures.

That is very old new, and Ford got a court order for the company to resume sending engines to them. Something like 2 months ago.

Some one should have told that to the mags as well as Rueters (sp)

It was. I had read it in the news shortly after hearing about Navistar cutting them off.

Here is one Article dated way back on March 1:
WASHINGTON -- Ford Motor Co. won a court order Wednesday to force a supplier of diesel engines to resume shipments to Ford's Louisville, Ky., truck plant, though operations will remain reduced until at least next week.
In a three-page ruling, Oakland County Circuit Judge John McDonald issued a temporary restraining order requiring Navistar International Corp. to resume production and shipment of its 6.4-liter diesel Ford PowerStroke engines used in Ford F-Series Super-Duty trucks. The supplier stopped shipping engines Monday over a pricing and warranty dispute.
Ford spokeswoman Becky Sanch said it would be at least until next week that Ford returns to full speed.
Earlier, Ford said it would reduce shifts today, close the plant Friday and operate one shift daily beginning Monday until Ford begin receiving engines on a timely basis.............
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/AUTO01/703010339/1148/rss25
Ford is said to be working on a replacement for the PSD that will be built in house.
--
Max