OT: Look, Ma, no gas!

Never heard of such a thing - a compressed air car!
http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000 /
Apparently, they Pretty cool idea, if it works as advertised.
Ugly things though. Check out the Worlds Ugliest Pickup:
http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000 /
jmc
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Looks like the key to this thing is its lightness. Power is power no mater what form you store it in. Less weight takes less power to accelerate. Makes one wonder how it would handle in snow, ice, or windy conditions.
beekeep
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The typically short-sighted environmentalist will of course agree that it is a "zero pollution" vehicle. But you can't beat the game. The energy comes from somewhere. It does use an interesting method to store energy. I'd be interested to know how the efficiency compares a batteries, or how much pollution-per-mile it produces when charged off of a coal burning power grid.
-rev

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

Most environmentalists (95%) are not "short-sighted". It's the other 5% you see on TV making asses of themselves that make you think that.

Agreed. Alternative Power Source != Earth Friendly in MANY cases once you factor in all of the resources it takes to produce the energy.
Craig C.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

It appears to require very little power to re-charge. The article claims that it can be re-charged in 3-4 minutes with the on-board compressor plugged in to a 220V or 380V outlet. That doesn't sound too bad to go 125-185 miles.
--
Ken



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.