Compressed air bottle.

A bit OT, but I'm looking for a 'DIY' compressed air bottle. The sort of thing I mean was about the same size as an aerosol bottle, that you could fill yourself using a compressor or footpump. Are they still available? What are they called? or is it simply that H&S has taken them off the market as being too dangerous. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

There used to be one called a 'Jenni ( Jenny? ) Can' from the Hobbies catalogue. Can't find much with an online search though............

Reply to
IanDTurner

A bit more digging shows you can get airhorns with rechargable cannisters, around the =EF=BF=BD20 mark from online chandlers. So, I guess rechargable cans may still be available somewhere.

Reply to
IanDTurner

What do you want to do with it? you could use a small co2 bottle

Reply to
Mrcheerful

================================== I think this is what you mean:

Humbrol paints also did a similar thing but I can't find a reference.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

It might be be, but I dont think so. The one I'm thinking of was basically just a can that you could fill with compressed air, that could be used as the air supply for an airbrush, or simply as an air duster, which is mainly what I want to use it for at home. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Mainly just as an air duster, but I'd probably also use it for small jobs with my Badger airbrush as well.

Defeats the object. A co2 bottle is a few quid. A 400ml aerosol can of 'Airduster' a few quid more. OTOH a refillable can will cost more initially, but it's a once only cost. I suppose I could make one out of a large empty aerosol can, but I'd prefer to buy one ready made if they are still available. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Your posting is spot-on. (uk.rec.cars.maintenance) My son uses an air-brush using compressed air from a car wheel & tyre, as bought from our local scrapyard. Upper-class artists evidently insist on a wide alloy, but ours is a Mitsubishi steel wheel. Yes, the tread is only just legal but when it runs low on puff, I just top-up at our local garage's airline.

80 H

I think this is what your after ?

first one on the list,

Reply to
James

Talk about lazy why not just pump it up with your double barrel foot pump.

Reply to
James

I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife might object to having a spare wheel in the lounge everytime I want do a little air dusting on the computer etc. :-)

I have no problem getting compressed air. I have a 14 cfm compressor at work. I'd just like to make compressed air a little more portable for the little jobs at home. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Get a sace saver lol.

Reply to
James

Thanks anyway, but not really what I'm looking for. Such cans of air have long been available for airbrushes. I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. Over £6 for 750ml of compressed air is ridiculously expensive IMO, when with a refillable bottle I can have all the compressed air I want for nothing. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

THese?

Duncan Wood

=================================== These look exactly like the 'Jennican' which I cited in my post above. The original was supposed to be part filled with paint and then pressurised with a bicycle pump prior to spraying. Mine didn't work very well as intended but might work better as a duster.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

How about this:

Reply to
PCPaul

Thanks Duncan. Exactly what I was looking for, and at a good price. I've emailed the seller asking for postal charges to the UK. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Trouble was, that without an illustration, the description didn't sound right. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

A spare wheel can hold a lot of compressed air, the old Vdub used that method to drive the screenwash.

Reply to
Fred

I meant that you could refill the co2 bottle with compressed air, any pub has small co2 bottles lurking about, a converter fitting would be the only cost, just use some imagination.

Reply to
Mrcheerful