Anyone heard of Carrelli car seats?

They seem to be all over Ebay. They "look" tidy enough in the piccies, and appear to have real hide as well as fabric options (not vinyl). If I was building a competition car I would consider them, but for a road car, especially modding something older or cheaper and sticking more supportive seats in for looks an comfort, I wonder if they might do the job.

I know the other option is a set of second hand OEM recaros from maybe a Scooby for a modern car, or from an Astra/Manta GTe or capri for an older car.

I know quality wise the oem recarros will be better, but may still cost more but both will require subframe butchery to fit in a different car anyway.

Not saying I'm buying seats ATM, but just thinking, how good quality would they be for the price they are offered at?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The leather Recaros in my new Scooby are lovely. Pity the japs use such thin leather though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

They look a bit "Max-Power" in those colours, I prefer black, suprisingly ;) Can't help you with the quality issue though, I've never seen or even heard of 'em...

My new seats should be being made as we speak :) Just over £200 delivered for the pair

padding, adjustment or much of anything really, but waterproof ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

They look massively uncomfy :D

Reply to
DanTXD

I doubt they could be much more uncomfortable than the home-made from plywood, camping mat and Volvo-leather efforts that I use now ;) Actually, they're supposed to be quite comfortable. After half an hour sat on the present one, it's no fun, not much of a problem in Winter, but come summer.....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

They do do black and grey leather or fabric, and colours. I'm just wondering if they are half decent seats from a no-name maker with a fancy name added.

Like I said if I was going for a motorsport car, I would go with a respected name and FIA approval, but for a tarted piece of tat, or even Motorsport "look", like a normally drive, I would be tempted to give them a go.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

If they are shaped to fit, then they'll be very comfy. If not, then yeah, they'll suck :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone