OT Weekend BS Post

Page 3 of 3

The medicinal value alone is worth more than the cost of the burger...

I haven't seen much of any problems with the Charger yet but I haven't seen one with very many miles on it yet either. We got in three police versions with 10-15,000 miles on them and other than the tires had been boiled down to nothing I couldn't find anything to fix. The evil black version runs damned good, I'd almost hate to punch it in a srt8.
Denny

It sounds like they spent some time and thought before they punched the hemi to 6.1. I'm sure I'll find out. I was more curios on the cutting out of cyl. at highway speed. I'm old enough to remember when caddy had this. A friend had one and they spent weeks trying to get all 8 running again.
Roy

seamlessly done that the driver doesn't feel it at all. Maybe if you're good, you may notice a change in the tone of the exhaust when it happens. The problem that we was warned about in class was to make sure you only use the 5w20 oil in it. If you use thicker oil the sleeve in the lifters will not react/rotate quick enough when cylinder activation/deactivation enables and you'll end up with a cyl misfire fault with a cute little engine light on. We've had several complaints of the cyls not dropping out at highway speeds and we end up taking the cust for a ride with the Starscan hooked up to show them the system is working.
Denny

Hmmm..... That's good to know I was going to step the oil up in FL. What is the factory fill? Dino or syn? Was planning on M-1.
Roy