Pinion depth setting, 9.25

Page 2 of 2
No.

--
Budd Cochran

Then once again, you don't do what you say you will. Imagine that..
"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message

The sad thing is I wasn't even trolling. I just wanted to see if even once he would stand up to his word. I guess he did in the past but anymore......
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

He was a hoot years ago and could mentally spar with the best of them. Now he seams to have run out of ammo. Maybe we should take up a collection and get him some Aricept.
beekeep
Yah got it in one, Roy.
--
Budd Cochran

Yea, sure he did, LOL!
"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message

Mute point. Everytime he opens his mouth he makes it clear that he was just trolling and doesn't believe half the stuff he says. Hell he can't even keep his stories strait half the time. It just goes to show the not only is the mind a terrible thing to waste, its a terrible thing to loose as well.
beekeep

Well, fortunately it wasn't a "moot" point, with a "straight" story about how terrible it is to "lose" one's mind.
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:49:19 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Spellen ain't my 4tay.
beekeep

The manufacturing tolerances of the pinion bearings are way tighter than the choices you have for pinion depth shims, IOWs, the bearings are made closer to size than you can account for with a .001" pinion shim. Replace the bearings and use the shim that's in there now.
You could hone out a new rear bearing to use to check pinion depth, but I wouldn't install it permanently, you'd risk it spinning on the pinion gear and causing unwanted damage.