TBI spacers

What about these things? Do they really work (increase HP, improve gas mileage)?
So if you put a TBI spacer, a high flow intake filter and a high flow
Catalytic Converter and Muffler on a 3.9L V6 Dakota, what kind of total HP increase might you expect?
Frank
Frank Boettcher wrote:

TBI spacer is useless Won't change anything except make you wallet lighter.
If the exhaust is currently in good working order, there will not be any improvements in power or efficiency.
A high flow intake is the only thing that's been shown to increase power. Increased power = increased efficincy = better fuel mileage. When I put one on my 5.9, I gained about 1 mpg. It will take a lot of miles to make it pay off.
The bottom line is, the truck is what it is. There really isn't anything cost effective you can do to get better mileage except change your driving habits. Unless you plan on putting another 80-100K miles on that truck, it's cheaper to just leave it alone.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

If it worked the manfacturer would do it. They are under mass pressure to increase mpg.

Snake oil. Coasty