Fiat Brava

I tried to use the washer bottle to clean the screen (as you do) and, although you could hear the washer motor working nothing happened. OK, just re-fill with water (although it didn't seem that long ago since I'd
done it, and it's a *big* bottle to fill).
So, put more water in, attempt to clean windows, hear pump going, after about 30 seconds water gets flung at the windscreen. Great, perhaps it had run so low that there was no water left at all along the pipework, thinks I.
That wouldn't appear to be the case, I tried to clean the windscreen yesterday, same scenario whereby you can hear the motor working but nothing comes out. Checked the bottle (in case there was a leak), totally full. All the connections that I can see appear to be ok, no splits or anything.
Anyone any idea what could be at fault? Is there a possible pump failure?
--
Lesley

Un-cork me to reply
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:33:29 GMT, DangerScouse wrote:

Perhaps you need to get a new "T-piece" That is something i had a while a ago, try to attach the eh...line to just one of your washers and see if that works, if it does, it probably is the "T-piece"
--
Grt. Frank

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:28:51 +0200, Draak cried forth...

<snip>
By the 'T'-piece, do you mean the small round piece that the pipe from the bottle goes into in order for the other two pipes to be attached?
I've managed to get a willing assistant to work the lever while I see what happens, the water is exiting from a hole in the middle of the 'T'- piece that I think looks like it should normally have a piece of plastic in it.
Or does this mean there is a blockage in one of the pipes forcing the water out of the hole?
--
Lesley
ZXR400SP
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:43:38 GMT, DangerScouse wrote:

cut
Yup, that's the T-piece that makes two pipes for the two washers. The thing i had was just broken, didnt cost much to get a new one.

Looks like it's broken...that is where mine stopped working also ;-)

Hmm...not very likely i think
--
Grt. Frank

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:48:36 +0200, Draak cried forth...

Ta for your help, I'll be getting a new 'T'-piece in the week then. (Not tomorrow, tomorrow I am out on the bike in-between working.) :o)
--
Lesley

Un-cork me to reply
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:17:47 +0100, firestarter wrote:

cut
Yup, i have a "98 Punto
--
Grt. Frank

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:17:47 +0100, firestarter wrote:

Oh just a question, i see you English people always use the word MK1 etc....what does that stand for, first model, new model etc?
--
Grt. Frank

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:28:03 +0200, Draak cried forth...

Don't ask me, I know jack-all about cars. Good with bikes though.
--
Lesley

Un-cork me to reply

way
MK1 = Mark 1, first revision of a model, MK2 = Mark 2, 2nd revision, etc.
Hellraiser...........>

Mark 1 1994 - 1999 Mark 2 1999 - 2003 Mark 3 2003 onwards
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:47:04 +0100, firestarter wrote:

Thanks, all clear now, i have a MK1 Punto :-)
--
Grt. Frank

Here in Denmark we don't have a Mk3 Brava - It's called "Stilo" here in Denmark, and is a car that's different from the Brava on many many areas :-)
--
Mvh. Sren C. Fischer
http://www.fischer-streton.dk
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:23:37 +0200, Sren C. Fischer wrote:

No we don't either, ours is called the Stilo. I think the poster was meaning MK1,2 and 3 Punto's
Tim