Re: Uno Petrol Tank Vacuum

My Fiat Uno Petrol Tank makes a sudden inrush of air noise, when I

> open the Fuel Filler cap. I have heard of cases on other makes of car, > where the petrol tank vent gets blocked, and the petrol tank is > basically sucked flat by the petrol pump sucking all the air out. I > checked the pipe that runs parallel with the filler pipe, but it seems > to just open out into the inside part of the filler cap, and no vent > to the outside world, is this correct?, is this behaviour normal for a > Uno? TIA > > 999c Fire Uno 45 1991

I think it is normal, my "98 Punto does the same thing, at least for the Punto it is normal (the man in the garage told me recently).

Reply to
Draak

Don't worry about it, my dad's Uno did it with no probs for years. It was actually quite funny, now and again it make like a foghorn noise when sat on drive, when we first go the car we couldn't work out what was going on as we could hear it in the house!

-- Rich

Reply to
Rich Strang

Quite normal for all the cars I've ever owned as far as I can remember inc. an uno. (fiat, VW, citroen and rover). The fuel tank is at a lower pressure than the outside.

Mike

Reply to
Mike