Fiat Bravo Diesel

All,

Some friends of mine have a Fiat Bravo Diesel. From the sounds of what he is telling me an amber warning lamp that I am assuming is the glow plug warning lamp started flashing at start up, but the car would still start. Now the lamp does not do anything and the engine would start. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is symptomatic of something simple like the glow plug(s) need changing or whether there is something more sinister at play (fuelling, ECU......)

If anyone knows anything your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Irvine

Glow plug lamp flashes for 30 seconds after starting if there is a fault with the glow plugs or glow plug timer control relay. Glowplugs are most likely culprit; they are not easily accessible but not beyond the competent home mechanic.

Andy

Reply to
AndrewP