fiat bravo revs up on its own

Hi, My fiat bravo revs up on its own, this happened a couple of months ago and somebody advised disconnecting the battery but this time its not curing it.
anybody had this problem and how did you fix it. (without putting it in a garage)
Bill

Could be a number of things; common faults I have seen on other forums are faulty idle control valve (ICV) and air leaks. Have a search for the Fiat Bravo forums using google as I am sure I have seen a method for cleaining the ICV.
Andy

Link to one of the sites that lists the idle control valve problem:
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/fix-a-bravo.htm#engine
Andy

Thanks Andy
Bill