Fiat Punto Speedometer Dial

I'm currently trying to import my wife's Fiat Punto 75 (95) from Germany to England.
I'm informed that to obtain UK registration I'll need to replace the
headlamp units and change the speedometer dial to read mph (not kmh).
However, I'm told that continental Puntos (and this one was built in Spain) use a different method to measure the speed. Therefore a mph speedo dial (from a UK Punto) isn't interchangeable with a kmh (continental) dial.
Has anyone had experience of this? I'm planning to get the speedo out, scan it in to my PC and attempt to add some extra mph markings.
Maybe someone's done that before?
Is there such a thing as an official Fiat speedo dial for a continental car in mph?
Help please!
To my knowledge all the Puntos take the same input speed sensor, normally from the gearbox final drive. The ABS wheel sensor is a possible atlernative.
The way to be sure is to have your local Fiat dealer check your actual chassis/spares number against the Parts CD. This will definitively show the speed sensor input.
Marking up your current speedo dial, as long as it is permanent is I believe. You just need to put your MPH markings on the existing dial BEHIND the outer perspex cover/lens.
Nick /////