Fiat Punto

My punto overheated and the engine cut out. I put in water but th

engine wont fire. the cam belt is not broken there is a spark at th plugs petrol pump working engine turns but will not start. What can th problem be

-- madmedic

Reply to
madmedic

Possibly a siezed waterpump that's caused the cambelt to slip.

Reply to
SteveH

Did you add cold water to the engine while it was still overheated?

If so then you will have likely warped the head and it will need removing and skimming. If you know someone with a compression tester I'd get them to test it for you.

Dave

Reply to
Morse