Fiat Punto

My brother has just donated me a 1995 Fiat Punto 55 SX.

What should I look out for going wrong on this model.

TIA

Bill H Derby

Reply to
Bill H

Head gasket, fuel pump/pipework (petrol smell under offside wheel arch), split flexible brake pipes. Cambelt no big deal as non-interference engine.

Hellraiser..............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Breaking down on the way to the scrap yard

Not a clue, i`m not a mechanic :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Everything...

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Headgaskets, electrical maladies and rusting sumps in the main.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Rear arm bearings, rear subframe bushes, brake shoe adjusters stripping, gearboxes, clutch arms wear away, rear shocks.

They're actually quite a good little work horse, but just expect major expense roughly in 30k cycles.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt