Maybe a long-shot, but ...

... Does anyone have the following that they are willing to sell to me?

Our 1999 FIAT Punto Sporting (MK1) was vandalised the other night. Some thieving scrote made off with the rear part of the black side stripes from both sides. That's the bit with the 'Sporting' logo written on. They also broke the Punto Sporting badge on the back in an attempt to steal it and the

16V badges. Grrr!

So, does anyone have any of the following: Black side stripes (just the rear part with the 'Sporting' logo) 'Punto Sporting' rear badge

2x 16V badges

I am in the UK for postal purposes, specifically West Yorkshire if anyone knows a good parts supplier in West Yorkshire or the UK.

TIA,

Paul

1999 FIAT Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) ... and some SAABs :)

Paul Halliday

Sorry to hear about this Paul.

The bits you require should still be available from Fiat.

Sporting badge, P/N:46523777 price £8.46

16V badge, P/N:51702342 price £2.89

As for the stripes I suspect that only the full set will be available. Also I need a chassis number (last 8 digits) to try and help locate them and confirm what I already listed above. It may be that the black strips were UK specials fitted at the docks/import location in which case you will need to speak your local dealer parts department as they will need to contact Fiat "parts technical" support to get the required part number.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

in article 45e1cf99$0$8713$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Nick ///// at snipped-for-privacy@localhost.invalid wrote on 25/02/2007 18:04:

Thanks for the reply Nick ... Actually, I was hoping getting the parts without going to a dealer would be cheaper, but given the cost of the parts (as far as I have found, googling), I'll give FIAT a ring tomorrow.

Little (or maybe big ... I didn't see them) sods :)

Paul

1999 FIAT Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) ... and some SAABs :)

Paul Halliday

Best of luck. If you are not too concerned about delivery ask the dealer to put them on "stock" order and ask for a 10% discount. Most will do this. They will also be able to say when the next scheduled stock order will be due.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

in article 45e1e1e8$0$8731$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Nick ///// at snipped-for-privacy@localhost.invalid wrote on 25/02/2007 19:22:

Thanks for the tip. I think it will be at least a week before I want to undertake the job - I want to clean up the remainder of the sticky stuff, wash, polish and wax the car and pay some special attention to the screwdrivered areas :( So, yes, that "stock order" sounds like a neat idea.

I was of the opinion that whoever stole the parts was fitting them to a lesser model car and probably would not know how to read Usenet :) I did have a flick around some of the larger forum boards to see if anyone in my area was posting a "how do I fit" topic, but to no avail. What I did find was that removing these side stripes totally is actually very popular on MK1 Puntos! It's an odd world, eh? Anyway, I reckon the vandal has got what (s)he wants now, so I can re-fit replacements without much of a fear of it happening again.

Thanks again.

Paul

1999 FIAT Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) ... and some SAABs :)

Paul Halliday

Seems totally bazaar to me. Removing stripes will

a) normally damage / stretch them b) leave them in a sticky ball c) be unmountable again

Either the culprit(s) is/are totally gormless or very jealous.

I'd better shut my mouth now as I'm likely to say something I'll regret.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////