mk 1 power steering

Hi Im new here so please be patient with me.

My daughter has a mk1 punto 60 sx, the steering is very light and scitty I?m sure it wasn?t like this two years ago when we purchased it, shocks have been tested as have the tracking it has the correct tyres at the correct pressurs(in fact I have tried lowering the pressure a bit which did help but not much). Is there some sort of regulator on the power steering? cant see anything in the Haynes manal :roll:

Reply to
weyboyz

The only regulator on Puntos that I know of is when they used Electic Power Steering and Dual Drive. These cars a fitted with a "Girie Button" (as it commonly became known as) that put the power steering into an extra responsive mode.

Check if you have hudraulic or electric power steering. If the latter then there will be a power steering fluid top-up bottle in the engine compartment.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////