punto 56 reg

i have a noise on the exhaust of my punto. i looked under the back box to check it out and found that it has a a hole at the back of the back box? it looks like it is ment 2 be ther? but not
sure. culd anybody enlighten me on this question please, its a new one 2 me if it is ment 2 be ther...
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...

sounds like it could be a hole that's meant to be there, to allow condensed water vapour to drain out of the back box (instead of it accumulating inside the box and rusting it out quickly). I don't think my Mk1 Punto has this, but I'm pretty sure it was a feature of the Mk2.
--
Tim Vincent( snipped-for-privacy@freewheeling.com)

Tim, you are right; my 2 Mk2 Sportings did (and do) have it! Ciao, E-Cie