Punto engine cuts out

Hi I'm having a problem with my 2000, 1.2, punto. It started when the car was running sluggish. I had it tested & was told it was the co2 sensor which
was replaced. The problem stopped but after about 30 miles of driving the engine cut out & would not start again until the - battery connection was removed & replaced (this had to be done each time it cut out). I have been told its the ecu which was replaced with a new one but the problem continues. Can anyone please help

Hello!
Had the same problem with my 2000 1.2 Punto- it was a problem with the starter motor/ECU and cost me 500 to repair! Apparently Fiat know of the problem but won't recall them. Oh and watch out for your exhaust. Mine fell off last week and the recovery bloke says it happens all the time when Puntos get to that age!