1974 Black and Gold SD-455 TA Show Car

A car alleged to be the 1974 Chicago Auto Show black and gold Trans Am appeared on E-bay for sale. According to the link the car was updated by GM to 1976 specs over the years and sold to a GM accountant after show duties
were done. Look at the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryd27&itemE43616947&rd=1
This would be the car that all the 1976 to 1981 limited/special editions were modelled after. The ad says is is actually a 1973 model with '74 body, then update dto '76. It has the gold metalflake in the black paint and a unique interior. There are photos of John Schinella with the car.
I wonder if it is real. Asking price is $120k.
Steve Manning wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryd27&itemE43616947&rd=1
    With the V.I.N. (Vehical Idenifacation Number), as well as other GM ID Numbers, it could be verified. It could also be proved a fake or clone car (which happens all to often). GM, Ford & Chyrsler often did not put VIN info on Pre-Production Vehicals, which is why they can not sell them to the public. Some did get VIN data, and were sold, or sold as "Off Highway Only" Vehicals, or 'Body In White' vehicals.
    Things that should be on the auction page that are not:
A. Current car photos to show current car condishion in great detail. B. Scans of Documents that the car has. Example: a service document. C. Larger images of the 1974 Pictures, Especially the Manufactors License Plate & Signitures.
    I personially would investigate this car fully before advising any one to purchase it for a penny over the value of a stock 1976 firebird.
Charles