6 speed 3-4 shift fork.

Picked this up from service.gm.com (techlink)
The 1997-2003 Corvette, or 1993-2002 Camaro and Pontiac Firebird equipped with the 6 speed manual transmission may exhibit the following.
Primary Condition - Unable to shift out of fourth gear.
Other Conditions - 3-4 upshift -- hard shift, gear clash, or block-out. - 4-3 downshift -- hard shift, gear clash or block-out. - 2-3 upshift -- hard shift, gear clash or block-out. - third gear hop-out - fourth gear hop-out.
Replace the aluminum 3-4 shift fork with an iron 3-4 shift fork. The part number of the iron shift fork as of July 9, 2003 is 88996653 and is available only through GMSPO.
The 3-4 synchronizer and 3-4 blocking ring should also be replaced at the same time.
I'm assuming some of us who beat on our 6 speeds have been bending stuff.
--
Ray

Had this in my 99 6-speed. By the time I've got it sorted, I've shed more speed & normally go 4->2.