6 3/4 speakers

Well, my husband decided to put 6 3/4 speakers in the Miata, but... is not having trouble getting them in right. I know, 6 1/2 is the right size, but he wanted better sound. So, has anyone else tried this with any success?

Reply to
Lisa

It takes a little forcing and probably drilling some new holes in the flange of your new speakers, but they will fit. I did it about 4 years ago to mine. Before you put the inside door skin back on you'll want to baffle it with something as the new powerful speaker will make it rattle annoyingly when you close the door. After trying several things, I cut some pillow batting to outline the speaker and sandwiched that in. Makes the door look slightly puffy but the rattling goes away, and the speaker sounds good.

Paco

97 Montego Blue Miata 91 Toyota Previa 77 Suzuki RE5
Reply to
Pacocase