Camshaft Computer question for 1984 Z-28

I have a 1984 (L69) Z-28 but the H.O. 305 was replaced with a GM Goodwrench 350..... I am planning on installing a new Edelbrock performer camshaft and
was wondering how the computer will deal with the swap...? Do I need a chip? does the earlier 80s computers deal with a cam change ok? I will be running the factory Quadrajet, Edelbrock performer intake and shorty headers......

Do you need a E -Prom? No. Should you? Yes. The increased spark timing will make the most of your Cam/Intake combo. You might also want to get at least some true ratio 1.5 rocker arms. Factory GM stamped rocker arms may not be exactly 1.5 ratio. Charles
I was thinking of adding a set of Comp Cams Magnum 1.5 rockers....... and with the info you have given, I will go ahead and do this. Any other suggestions Charles? Thanks.....

Goodwrench
headers......
rocker

Yes, a few: Accel Module, coil and plug wires. AC43 thru 45 RTS plugs. A High Flow cat, a custom 3 inch Y-pipe, and a single 3 inch Cat back exhaust with a single in single out muffler. The muffler should be a good performance muffler, and the pipes should have a wall thickness between a 1/16th and a 1/8 of an inch. Smooth mandrel bent is best, welded not clamped. Have them bring the tail pipe out from under the bumper cover by a 1/2 inch.
While you have the cam out, invest in a High Quality Double roller timing chain and thrust washer. Since your replacing the cam, lifters and rocker arms, new O.E.M. spec pushrods should also be used. Why take the risk of old pushrods being the weak link?
I would also say if the motor has over 60,000 on it, it's time to change the valve stem seals. As well as check the valve springs. With a higher lift cam, and exact ratio rocker arms a weak spring will rob you of power. Charles
You hit the milage about dead on... it has somewhere around 60k..... I already have a set of headers with a matching (mandrel bent/oversized) Y-pipe...... The car already has a 2.5" cat-back, so the exhaust should be up to par. (I will be changing that old cat) I will focus some on the other issues you have brought up.... Thanks for your time.
~John

them
and
risk