Investment

Page 3 of 3

You don't think I'd let you paint it? Do you really think I'm that inconsiderate?

I do usually seem to get what I want, eventually.
--
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway

Does that go for '74s as well? I'm pretty sure I've already checked and double checked, but I'll be visiting her again on Thursday... I'll be getting the PHS package very soon, in any case.
--
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway

No the VIN style changed in 72:
2S87T2NXXXXXX
2S87 - Pontiac Firebird, second digit indicates model:
S - Base T - Esprit U - Formula V - Trans Am
In the later years W replaced V for Trans Am
5th digit indicates engine code, various codes used over the years. 6th digit indicates the year.
A 74 455 T/A would look something like:
2V87Y4NXXXXXX
A 76 455 T/A would be:
2W87W6NXXXXXX
Dave

Thanks. I'm positive it's a V, that's why I had to ask... I know I checked the #s at some point, but the years have gone by.
--
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway

Or behind my front.

Yes it can. I can't wait to start restoring my '74.
don't worry, I'm still storing your

I guess you'll have to lien on me, too. All my free cash is going into what will I'm sure will turn out to be several trips to RI in the New Year and maybe even a move. So much for swearing off Internet relationships.
--
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway

About the seats, I'd say to a collector, even with that little wear, the originals will top *perfect* in terms of value. Get a set from a donor and recover them for show and keep the originals the way they are. Get some rallys or whatever would be original for the wheels and repro tires. Find a factory radio to replace the aftermarket one and fix the dash if need be, also for show. Personally, I've never had the stereo on in My Trans Am, anyway. The sound of the exhaust is way sweeter. I guess basically what I'm getting at is that it's an excelent base for a really winner of a show car once the damage is fixed right. You might have to redo the paint in the end, but that's not a big deal as you don't have a lot of prep to do considering the job it has on it now. If you'd like, you can e-mail pictures to me and I could put them up for a while to show. AOL has a very simple program for doing pages and storage isn't an issue. I'm going to kill my pages and redo them when I have the time/inclination, so it's not a big deal to show off your pictures for a time.

Well, unfortunately, barring Power-Ball, I couldn't afford it. Had to buy a mini-van of all things. I also am quite content with my '74 (love 4-spds) and would only buy another f-body to build for racing.

Good call. From your investment stand-point you'd come out on top and maybe you'd have extra to put down on a house...or buy gas.
--
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway