car engine slightly vibrating after going through flooding

Hi,

I have a petrol volkswagon bora. I was driving through fairly flooded conditions. In one place the water was high but not really bad. I went through the water and the car didn't die.

However later is the evening, the car started to slightly vibrate periodically. When at traffic lights it would slightly vibrate and the rev counter would move slightly up and down. Also the same pick up or power in the lower gears is not there.

This has been going on for about 2 days now. The car never dies and starts fine all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong or what needs to be looked at.

Thanks for all help

Reply to
kieran5405

PRobably some water got in the connections on the MAF or similar. Go round em all with some WD40

Reply to
Conor

Get rid of the water and insulate the contacts at the same time. Good idea.

Reply to
gazzafield

Except it doesn't because it is designed to evaporate, muppet.

Reply to
Conor

Even if it's not the perfect solution, if the OP's problem is moisture related, WD40'll probably solve the problem, at least for a wee while.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

is this the 5 minute argument or the half hour one ;o)

Reply to
reg

I thought those were AA cards?

;p