Largest tire for 18X9 rim

Hello

What is the *absolute largest size* tire you guys would put *safely* on the

9 inch rim? I have some 18X9 inch fondmetal 9x and want to run some 275/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rears on them. Anyones input will be appreciated.

James

1995 trans am
Reply to
interrupt

James, It all depends on the wheel, the caliper clearance, and the suspension.

We need more information. Everything currently bone stock? If not, let us know the caliper and it's clearance, etc.

Do you plan to recalibrate your speedo, or do you want to put on rims and tires that will accommodate your current speedo?

GLK9MM

Hello Martin

Everything is bone stock I do plan to get the Eibach Prokit springs, PHR, and front and rear sway bars in the future. As far as the speedo, i'll get a HPP III to fix that. Thanx!

Reply to
interrupt

hi

if you ask for the *absolute largest size* tire @18": friends did install 335/45-18 on 9" rear (Swiss TUV appr.) / T/A. (Notes: the electronic brake systeme was deactivated, hi jackers are needed). Dia

29.87" (IMHO too long). Its diffi cult to find these tires.

335/35-18 is much more easy to find, but in every case ask the tire supplier for the rim they need. I did see them on 10" rim

I for myself used 305/65-15 in a T/A `91. They are not available any longer.

Geo

Reply to
Cheeze Whiz

The reason I ask is because I've seen a 4th gen TA with a 295 on the rear, and it made it look great!!! The only thing with him is that he had a 10.5 inch rim on the rear. Some say if you go larger than a

Reply to
interrupt