Tire Size question

Hey guys,

What is the largest size rim & Tire I can put on my 1984 Mustang GT, without making any modifications or causing any headaches? Also, does anyone know the Original size that was supposed to be on this car. The door panel sticker is not legible!

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Not sure how many differences there are between 84-87 but my 87 came with

225/60/R15 and I've heard you can fit 245's in the rear and 225's in the front with no modifications.
Reply to
John Wiebalk

Well Right now I have 235 60 14 all the way around and there deosn't seem to be any problems, other than I think my speedo might be a bit off.....

Reply to
Rick

I've got 275/40/17 on the back of my 93 LX

Reply to
James

Any modifications to get them to fit? Still have the quad shocks and stuff. I know on my 87 Theres only a fraction of room between the tire and quad shocks

Reply to
John Wiebalk

No Mods. I used to have an '88 GT that seemed to have less clearance. I did install Monroe Gas shocks and Eibach progressive rate springs some time ago so the car sits about 1 1/2 inches lower. I will say there is little room for error with these tires but it looks great. This was the first time the tire dealer had tried this combination, but he really liked it. I have

16" 245/50s on the front. Really creates an agressive stance. The 275/40's are very close to stock height. I don't think I could get away with this combination if it weren't for the stiffer springs. These are all mounted on Chrome Cobra Style 5 spoke wheels.

Reply to
James