License Plate Laws In Virginia

I have purchased a 95 Firebird Pro Am III which currently does not have a front license plate holder.
Does anybody know the current state law regarding plates in Virginia.
I have looked at the VA DMV website and it seams to state that you must have two plates. I also seam to remember a possible waiver due to the state cannot make you modify the car.
Any clarifications would be most appreciated.
Jay Barboza wrote:

Yep,     Need Plates on front and back. (Don't look now, but lots of people don't comply.) If you choose not to put a plate on the front of your vehicle, you _can_ be sited. Is a cop going to harass you for it unless your pulled over for something else? Probably not.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:47:41 -0500, GLK9MM

If they happen to notice you don't have a front plate, they'll let either pull you over right then or follow yyou until they find a reason to pull you over. Same with DC and Maryland police, since all three places require front and rear plates. I got a parking ticket in DC for no front plate, on my old pickup. Had to pay the ticket before I could renew my Driver's License.
Tom
97 Formula Convertible Red LT-1 with 6 speed I may live in Virginia, But I'm really a Tennessean GO VOLS!
jay snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jay Barboza) wrote in message

Huh? Why don't yo go to the dealer and get the correct front license plate bracket? I don't think installation of the bracket (your car was delivered to the dealer with one) would be considered a "modification"

Ok...VA, like CO, CA, MA, and other states, requires a front and back plate. Its the law, plain and simple.
A factory front plate holder is not considered a modification of the car....sorry..wont fly.
Thanks dudes...On my way to the dealer