driving license laws

Hi all. Wife is belly aching about a new law to start in september. She says its best she learns to drive and get her license before that date'

Anyone know what shes on about?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

The dim one has elaborated. She is talking about a requirment for a minimum number of lessons a learner driver must receive. I think she means lessons with a qualified instructor.

Is she as nuts as I think she is?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

yes, apparently all women will be banned from owning a driving licence ;o)

hth.

Reply to
reg

Not sure about that but I read somewhere (or maybe it was a dream) that they are going to include more Q's in the theory test from 32 to 64.

Reply to
redwood

Possibly, but she may know how to spell 'licence', though.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Yes, it appears she is.

There has been some discussion about this in the news a few months back, but from what I can see on the DSA, DVLA and Direct.gov websites, I cannot see anything to suggest there is, or will be, a requirement for a certain number of professional lessons prior to taking your test.

In fact, the only requirement I could see is that you cannot take your test until the day your provisional license becomes valid. Which, suggests you can take it without any formal tuition (or on-road) experience.

David Hearn

You've head the alternative "Sheila's Wheels" song then...?

Reply to
Asahartz

ISTR that there have been cases of people passing their test on their birthday, the day they became eligible to drive on the road.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Please elaborate...