Re: Swap a 3.4 v6 to a Lt1 v8

Hello you two, just back from a trip to the US, tried to contact you before I left Steve but got no answer from any of the info I had on you. Was in your area for a couple of days, down around Raleigh in fact, and back there in October with Robyn.

Hi Murray, still got those lights here for you, now that I am back must get over and see you.

I think it would be a mammoth task to put a v8 in Murray, there are plenty of V8 ones around for sale these days, and not bringing what they used to either, hope that changes.

Steve, 99% chance we will be going to the Bristol Bash at the end of October this year, so keep in touch and get your arse down there, leave the ass at home......

Seeya

*CBHVAC* wrote: > > >>Sounds good until you take into account the cost > >>of left to right hand steering conversion (mandatory) > >>at something like $10-15K US. Then there is the little bit of > >>duty and sales tax (yup) and shipping. In round numbers > >>all totals maybe $20k US plus? Don't forget I have to sell > >>my 3.4L fust and voyage to dear ol Ca. > >> > >>It really would be simpler to swap. I believe. > >>Or supercharge > >> > >>Cheers > >>Murray > >> > >>PS Garry had his conversion done by 'us'. :-) > > > > > > Whups...I left out the extra R in Garry...hope he didnt notice..:-) > > > > I STILL think that given the fact that a proper conversion will require a > > new driveline, front suspension, including brakes, and possibly tires, since > > here in the states they came with 16s, and depending on how the unit was > > speed limited, you would find either H, or Z rated tires..you will be close > > to the same. > > Granted, I was looking for parts to be shipped there, since I dont know how > > your local Holden dealer is on ordering and getting F-body parts down there. > > Lets see...you also will need a new engine controller harness, new ECM, and > > such...and DRB2 isnt a change out and all works fine deal... > > Oh..and IF you are going to get one here in the States, I dont know if > > California is the place I would look...ship from San Diego perhaps...but I > > would look in Arizona, New Mexico...Nevada even, or here on the east coast, > > before I would buy a CA car. Emission parts being what they are there, can > > make a normally simple part, a real bugger to find if its a CA equipped > > ride. > > Would be true if I intended to buy a v8 in the US. > I was thinking more of a local Holden engine/auto > with the 'brains' from a local wrecker. They used them > in the top range models. > My 3.4 came new from Georgia (Savanna)via a roll on/roll off. > The wheels are alloy (Factory) and they are shod with > suitable tyres. > Garry is quite convinced the v8 rides more harshly on > our 'roads' and the v6 is bad enough! :-( > Maybe I'd leave the suspension to the experts but > all one is looking at is 100kg more at the front. > The speed sensor is the same (2500/km v. 4000/mi) > Limiting is something one removes with a programmer, > No? If it was ever there. > It would be nice to have the engine mounts lean > the other way and make room for the power steering etc! > Body parts are the biggest headache whichever model one has. > The only local part is a windscreen because one had to > be made here for my car during conversion. He tried > to lever the wipers off. :-( > > As I intimated - there is always a blower could be added > down that 'hole' where to two extra pots live in a v8. > There is room in a v6. > Day dreams ....... :-) > > Cheers > Murray >
Reply to
ghz28