tires

what are the best tires I can put on my 2001 Z28, let's say, < $1000?
Patchy 2001 Z28 Augustino Racing Engines Steet Eliminator

summer tires

I would suggest Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I put a set on some months ago and am extremely happy with them. Night and day difference on wet surfaces compared to the stock Goodyears that came with the car.

I have put Yokahama Avid's on my 1999 Z28 and have found them to be great in all conditions. The stock Goodyears were no good at all in the wet.