99 Ford Explorer XLT

My wife's 99 explorer xlt seems to lose power about 30mph, then you have to really step on the gas to gain. It reaches about 4000 rpm before it finally kicks in.

Any idea? Transmission maybe?

Reply to
Duke67

Revs to 4000 before what "kicks in"? Equally confusing is the power loss at

30 mph. Am I right in assuming you are talking about no or delayed upshift?

to really step on the gas to gain. It reaches about 4000 rpm before it finally kicks in.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Lately my check engine light has been coming on. I have noticed a loss in power in my engine and it runs "rougher" than normal. Could it be cylinder circuit, and how can I check, diagnose, and repair it? I cannot find any mention of it in the manual.

Reply to
Duke67

power in my engine and it runs "rougher" than normal. Could it be cylinder circuit, and how can I check, diagnose, and repair it? I cannot find any mention of it in the manual.

What's a cylinder circuit? What do you get as an error code when you had the codes read?

Reply to
Bill Funk

Oh.... now some more of the secret emerges...... why didn't we see fit to mention the CEL earlier? Sorry guy.... I ain't gonna "cat and mouse" this thing. If you're not going to be forthright and honest with the problem, I will not waste time on it.

How abut we start from scratch detailing the problem and ALL the symptoms.... feeding info bit by bit makes the bill bigger, not smaller.

power in my engine and it runs "rougher" than normal. Could it be cylinder circuit, and how can I check, diagnose, and repair it? I cannot find any mention of it in the manual.

Reply to
Jim Warman

It's the OS Sensor on the bank 1 which is before the catalytic converter. My buddy will replace this for me as well as the fuel filter.

We're replacing the spark plugs too.

I'm saving tons of $ from Labor and parts. Good to have friends.

Tony

Reply to
Duke67