Ford Explorer XLT 99, V8

I have this car with a mileage of 95th miles and am maintaining the car by changing the required fluids etc. recently i changed the spark plugs and also am changing the wires. all of a sudden i get a burnt smell from the back of the car and i saw some smoke coming out from the inside from the steering wheel. can you say why it is and what it is? thanks for the help.

Reply to
parna

A common problem is the multi-function switch. You should be able to remove the steering column shroud without removing the wheel.... check the connections on the back of the MF switch for burned connectors or melted plastic.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I have a 99 Explorer XLS. I have noticed that my turn signal, if I have to hold it down, sometimes, I will get that smell and see smoke come from the column, just behind the wheel.

Reply to
Lance