Moon roof

Is there a known problem with Ford moon roofs? These have separate switches for two open settings

1 = Tilted up 5 degrees at the rear, to open a fresh air slot 2 cm. high and full width. 2 = Slid wholly back about 12 inches.

After 5 years occasional use in our Focus wagon, closing from #1 does not work: the roof hatch tilts down flat, then tilts back up again. But we can close from #2 by invoking #2, sliding fully back then forward to close fully. (No answer yet from email to Ford, four days ago.)

Has any other Ford driver encountered this?

Reply to
Don Phillipson

At best the Email will say take it to your local Ford dealer. Ford doesn't dioagnosis problems via Email.

You really need to get the Ford maintenance manual to see how it is supposed to work. Is it a 2005 Focus?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White