well my cd changer crapped out, 97 xlt

Hey folks,

I have a 97 xlt with an in console 6 disc cd changer. I hit the eject button but it wont eject the cd magazine. Any thoughts? I figured this would happen sooner or later, the vehicle has 225k miles on it.

Reply to
fog-dog

can no one help with this?

Reply to
fog-dog

I had the same thing happen to my '96 Eddie Bauer. Look on ebay. There is a guy on long island that has a refurbish program. I used him and he did a good job. I think I paid about $100 including shipping and he shipped it back in less than a week. Just do a search on ebay for "explorer CD changer" and you'll find him.

Bill

Reply to
Cancun Bill

I believe these are Clarion OEMs. My '97XLT was.

I replaced the unit with an in dash Nakamichi ( SP? ) and much better speakers and haven't looked back.

YMMV

HAND

Reply to
H. M. Leary

Well I figured it out, there was a screw lodged down in the bottom. This post is really helpful for this problem

-fog-dog

Reply to
fog-dog