Heat Location Switching problem

I have a 95 XLT that does not have the climate control. I have read about the problems with that unit and the inablility to control the tempature of the heat, but I'm having a different problem.

So far this seems to happen after everything has warmed up. I can turn the heat or defroster on and hear the blower going like crazy (can even tell the AC is on when defrost is on). The problem is that I can't really feel the air coming out any where and moving the switch doesn't seem to have an effect. The glove box is nice and toasty, but the problem is that I only get a trickle of air for the defroster.

any ideas?

Reply to
Matt Schumacker

You most likely have a vaccuum problem. All air doors are actuated by vaccuum. Start checking under the hood for leaking vaccuum lines. There are also some in the glove box. If that is toasty warm then look there first. john

Reply to
John