Which fog lights will fit?

On my 02 XLT I didn't get the fog lights, so the plastic 'knock-outs' are still in place. In looking through the catalogs though, the array of after-market fog lights and driving lights is unbelievable. How is one supposed to know which lights will fit that rounded-rectangular opening neatly and mount to what Ford has under there?

Reply to
Corwin, Prince of Amber

Try Pilot #PL125C they should fit the factory openings.

Reply to
Sherrill D Colford Jr

The XLS's front bumper is different from the XLT's (and higher). It was not designed to have fog lights. The XLT (when equipped)/EB/Limited models use a round fog light.

Are those rectangular openings molded in, or do they have snap-on removable knockouts? Also, is there any solid metal behind the openings?

Reply to
JonnyCab®

If those knock-outs are just above the lip spoiler at the bottom of the bumper/valence, they are probably for tow hooks, not fog lights. Though you could probably fabricate a way to mount fog lights in that position.

Bob...

Reply to
Robert L. Burns

Thanks for the info, you're right, the knockouts are just above the front spoiler and probably are for tow hooks. Also, its an 03 XLS not 02 as originally stated.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, my computer was off-line a few days.

Don

Reply to
evansnc

Are the upper openings also snap-ins, or would they need to be cut?

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Reply to
evansnc