(1983) Ford cortina GLS V6 3lt - Distributer

I would like to know, is there a bush between the the rotor shaft and housing (in the distributer). I suspect that this is causing a miss when trying to go at higher speeds. Any help would be appriciated.
PS: Is there anywhere else I would be able to find holp? Thanks...