1988 f150 fuel pump relay

where is the fuel pump relay on a 1988 f150? does the signal flow go from fuel pump relay to inertia switch to fuel pump? Trying to help our my brother in law
Bob
-

Had the same problem with a 91 F150. After tracing the wires and relays for 2 days it turn out to be the computer.
the fuel pump relay is on the driver side fender, near the hood hinge. there are 2 relays there. one is the fuel pump relay, the other one is the eec relay.

Hello, The fuel pump relay gets current from the inertia switch, the inertia switch on my 1991 Ford f-150 was on the firewall under the carpet, near the clutch pedal. It has been reported that the electrical connections can be either burnt and or corroded, and/or both at the switch, my truck had neither. I would reccomend replacing both the fuel pump relay and the computer relay at the same time. I replaced just the fuel pump relay, the truck ran better, but not completely. I then replaced the computer relay. Then bingo, all is good. Good Luck!