Fuel pump relay

I take it the relay is in Engine Compartment ?. Its just that I see the car in 15 minute 'bits" and I just want to make sure its not spirited away in
some spot you,d never think of and never find!. John

the relay box should be labelled on the outside as to what relays control what circuits.
On my Acura,the Main Relay(fuel relay) was under the dashboard on the driver's side.(footwell)
On my 03 Nissan Sentra,it's in the relay box in the engine compartment.
My $20 USD Haynes Sentra manual says to test the fuel pump/relay,remove the fuel filler cap,and while an assistant turns the ignition key to the ON position(but NOT further to crank the motor),to listen at the filler opening for the whirr of the fuel pump. The whirr should last a few seconds.
Now,IMO,it's possible that other relays in that relay box are identical to the one for the fuel pump,and could be SWAPPED temporarily if you experience the problem while out on the road somewhere,to get you home or better,to a shop or parts store. I'm not sure about this,I haven't tried it. My manual doesn't have a picture of the relay box. You may need a tool(screwdriver?) to remove the relay,to unlatch the clips that hold them in.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

If they can't steal em, they just burn em.

--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header

Site Timeline